Mastering the game Rocket League is one of the most satisfying and fun things you will ever do!
Yes, you want to compete and win as many matches as possible, but, as the cliché goes, it really is the taking part that counts.
Getting to understand the feel of your vehicle and performing tricks that are out of this world are simple pleasures but truly exhilarating at the same time.
Whilst playing Rocket League is fun on your own, the best part of the game, in our opinion, is showing off the tricks you have learned to your friends.
Whether it’s a Wave dash or a Flip Reset, you are bound to get a “WOW” from your mates as they watch you master the game.
The physics in this game are incredible but, at times, they can also be extremely challenging.
But, hey, that’s all part of the fun! Performing a standard dribble is all well and good, but performing more advanced movements will be the most rewarding.
After a little time of playing Rocket League (see also ‘How To Speed Flip In Rocket League‘), you will certainly be entertained, but you may also want to look for something a little more challenging.
You’ll want to hone your skills against the best players, and the only way to do that is to learn how to perform more complex mechanics.
This way, you can become unpredictable and confuse your opponent’s with the ball’s path.
One move you’ll want to master is the Air Dribble. This will take your game to the next level and easily confuse the defenders of the opposing team.
And, best of all, you can pull this move out of nowhere to impress your friends the next time you play against them.
Continue reading as we guide you through the process of learning to air dribble in Rocket League. This is going to be fun!
Air Dribble In Rocket League – How To Guide?
If you’re really looking to show off on Rocket League, performing an air dribble will certainly raise an eyebrow or two.
Not only is it flashy but it can also be highly effective. Whether your rank is low or high, learning how to air dribble can add an extra level to your game.
Different techniques can create more chances of scoring in Rocket league (see also ‘How To Get Better At Rocket League?‘), and overcoming your opponents more easily.
Whether that is when you’re using the ball on the ground or in the air, you will gain more advantages over the other players.
Before you achieve a successful air dribble in Rocket League, you will need to set the ball up.
This is so you can launch it into the air so you can control it effectively and more easily.
To set the ball up for an air dribble, follow these steps:
- Dribble the ball toward the wall – here, you just perform a regular dribble before running the ball at a steady speed. This will ensure the ball travels up the side of the wall or net and begins to move upwards.
- Slow down and keep an eye on the ball – as the ball rolls up the wall, slow down slightly.
- Boost & catch – when the ball is up the wall, boost at a fast speed in order to hit the ball so that it bounces off into the air, while simultaneously bouncing off you. Here, the ball should be in the air.
Performing An Air dribble
Now, it’s time to show off with your new air dribble technique!
The easiest method of doing an air dribble is to begin with the ball on the ground.
A ball that is not bouncing is a lot easier to control and, the slower you go, the less chance there is of the ball bouncing hard and landing in the middle of the field.
- With your car, aim it toward the underbelly of the ball to help it go up.
- Wait as the ball rolls up the wall’s curvature.
- Hit the ball’s underside to make it go toward the field.
- Immediately jump to your right after you have hit the ball for an easier follow-up.
- Press your booster to make contact with the ball. This will also help you control where it goes.
You can also perform an air dribble off the ground, but this requires a different set-up to using a wall or net. For this, you’ll need a bouncing ball.
- Position yourself to hit the underside of a bouncing ball.
- Hit the ball and jump at the same time, right after the ball has bounced. This will produce enough momentum, so the ball bounces high into the air for you and your car to follow behind.
- Continue to boost your car towards the ball as it starts to fall to the ground. This will help you control the ball in midair and then dribble it effectively.
Air Dribble On Rocket League Using A Keyboard
Some players on Rocket League stand out from the rest. This is typically down to their motor control.
The good news is that a keyboard and mouse configuration can help you achieve the best tricks in Rocket League.
If you want to master air dribbling from your keyboard, you need to try and stop holding any keys down.
By tapping keys off and on, you will gain greater control over the speed, power, and direction of the ball.
For the best control possible, make sure your camera is set up correctly, such as behind the ball slightly and underneath it.
- Again, you need to roll the ball up the wall and then jump song with it. You can also chip the ball off the ground if you prefer.
- Keep the same in-air speed that the ball has, but remain slightly behind it.
- Make contact with the underside of the ball so it continues to bounce in the air.
- Now, tap your boost button slightly to close in on the ball and hit it.
You may find this a little difficult at first, but, with a little practice, you will soon master motor control and perform air dribbles with ease.
Learning how to air dribble on Rocket League takes practice. But, trust us, practice has never been this fun!