God of War is an immensely popular series of games that began in 2005 on the PlayStation 2.
With the recent release of God of War: Ragnarok, players all over the world have been reliving the 2018 installment of the series, simply known as God of War.
There are plenty of quests to do and items to obtain in this game, but one of the most coveted is the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages.
When this item is found and then upgraded with the allocated enchantments/infinity stones, this is one of the most powerful weapons in the whole game.
But finding and upgrading the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages is no easy task, especially if this is your first playthrough.
We’ll be going over everything you need to know about the Gauntlet, where you can find it, as well as how to obtain the enchantments/infinity stones needed to upgrade it.
What Is The Shattered Gauntlet Of Ages?
So before we go into where you can find the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages, let’s briefly take a look at what it actually is.
The Shattered Gauntlet of Ages is an immensely powerful item that allows Kratos to perform a special attack that grows in strength every time an enchantment is added.
When you first obtain this item, it isn’t really worth much, and you might be tempted to forget about it. But when you pair it with the right enchantments/infinity stones, it makes you unstoppable.
The beauty of this item is that only those who bother to find all the infinity stones and their enchantments will really get to utilize it’s full power.
For those who are willing to persevere and find the secrets within God of War, this is a wonderful reward that will make fighting much easier.
A fun fact about this talisman/item is that it’s actually an easter egg for the 2018 Marvel film The Avengers: Infinity War. It pays tribute to the main antagonist Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet!
How & Where To Get The Shattered Gauntlet Of Ages
Obtaining the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages will require you to do a few things first. The two main things you will need to do include:
- The Sickness main story quest
- “Family Business” second side quest for Sindri questline
You cannot unlock the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages before either of these quests are complete, so if you haven’t reached either of these quests yet, don’t worry, they will come!
As you do these quests, you will naturally progress and reach the “Family Business” quest line.
In order to unlock Sindri and his series of missions, you will need to speak to him after lowering the water level a second time during the main story.
Once you have completed this quest, you will need to defeat a mini-boss and then you will be able to obtain the gauntlet.
The Shattered Gauntlet of Ages will be incredibly weak when first obtained, but it has many sockets for the upgrades.
Note: You cannot get the quest “Family Business” until you have completed “Fafnir’s Hoard”, so keep that in mind before you start!
Infinity Stones Locations & Enchantments
Once you have the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages, you can begin your quest to find the infinity stones.
Each infinity stone has a different enchantment that will make the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages more powerful until you have a talisman that will make you extremely powerful.
It is important to know that you don’t need to collect every single infinity stone in order for it to become a fantastic weapon, just three of the infinity stones will do, but for those who like to collect things, here are the locations and enchantments for each.
1. Andvari’s Soul (The Soul Stone)
Andvari’s Soul acts as the Soul Stone for the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages. In order to obtain this stone, you have to complete the Second Hand Soul Favor for Brok in Volunder Mines.
- Enchantment: On any Runic Attack kill, has a chance to replenish Kratos’ health.
- Stats: Runic (8), Vitality (4), Cooldown (6)
2. Asgard’s Shard Of Existence (Reality Stone)
Asgard’s Shard of Existence acts as the Reality Stone for the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages. In order to obtain this stone, you must defeat the Valkyrie Rota in Helheim.
- Enchantment: Hold L1 for a few seconds to earn Fortification, which generates an enormous knockback after successfully blocking.
- Stats: Defense (12)
3. Eye Of The Outer Realm (Space Stone)
The Eye of the Outer Realm acts as the Space Stone for the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages.
In order to obtain this stone, you will have to find it in the Secret Chamber of Odin at the end of the “Escape From Helheim” main story quest.
This is the only infinity stone that has no active effect/enchantment, but it still has very powerful stats.
- Enchantment: None
- Stats: Strength (7), Runic (7), Defense (7), Vitality (7), Luck (7), Cooldown (7)
4. Ivaldi’s Corrupted Mind (Mind Stone)
Ivaldi’s Corrupted Mind acts as the Mind Stone for the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages. In order to obtain this stone, you will have to defeat the Valkyrie Olrun in Alfheim.
- Enchantment: The “Weakened” effect is applied to foes within 15 meters, forcing them to absorb more damage.
- Stats: Strength (6), Runic (6), Defense (12), Vitality (6)
5. Musphelheim’s Eye Of Power (Power Stone)
Musphelheim’s Eye of Power acts as the Power Stone for the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages. In order to obtain this stone, you will have to purchase it from the Dwarven shop in Muspelheim.
- Enchantment: Increases burn damage resistance by 20%. (stacks up to 60 percent max).
- Stats: Strength (10), Defense (10), Vitality (10)
6. Njord’s Temporal Stone (Time Stone)
Njord’s Temporal Stone is the final infinity stone and it acts as the Time Stone for the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages. In order to obtain this stone, you will need to defeat the Valkyrie Queen at the Council of Valkyries.
- Enchantment: After you damage an enemy, you have a low chance of briefly slowing them.
- Stats: Runic (6), Luck (6), Cooldown (12)
The Shattered Gauntlet of Ages may seem like a waste of time at first, but if you are willing to put in the effort to find the stones/enchantments, you will soon find a powerful item that will make your playthrough a lot easier.
Use the information we have provided in this guide to find the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages and the Infinity Stones for yourself!
Whether you are a seasoned God of War player or this is your first playthrough, you will have lots of fun upgrading the Gauntlet!
- Simple Solutions To Fix A Halo Infinite DirectX 12 Error - December 17, 2022
- Can You Skip Or Fast Forward Story Scenes In The Ghost Of Tsushima? - December 17, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About Back 4 Blood Crossplay - December 17, 2022