VALORANT is a free first-person online tactical shooter game that was published and manufactured by Riot Games, a popular game developer, for Microsoft Windows.
It currently has millions of active users around the world.
Due to being an online video game, VALORANT is known to experience errors, crashes, and bugs pretty regularly. If a player faces an issue with the game, an error code will crop up on the screen.
These may be a little confusing as they don’t give solutions for players to resolve the error message, and instead, simply provide a numeric value.
If you’ve found yourself wondering what this error code is, what causes it, and how it can be fixed — you’ve come to the right place! This article has everything you need.
What Is It?
VALORANT Error Code VAN -104 is arguably the most common VALORANT error of them all. It is a connection error code and will always fail to properly start after a faulty launch.
In layman’s terms, this specific error tends to crop up after you have just started the game.
A lot of players have faced the Error Code VAN -104 without any previous knowledge about it.
What Causes Error Code VAN -104?
The VALORANT Error Code Van – 104 is something that may occur when you launch Valorant.
There are a couple of background triggers that might cause it, including an unstable network connection, Riot Vanguard issues, a bad launch of Valorant, and a very slow internet speed.
How To Fix A VALORANT Error Code VAN -104
Despite how complicated it may seem, there are a couple of simple solutions that you can try to fix a VALORANT Error Code van -104 on your computer.
At your convenience, we’ve outlined these for you below.
Restart The Program
This is the go-to solution for fixing any sort of Error Code. The majority of reasons that this Error Code occurs has been down to a bad or interrupted game launch.
Therefore, a simple restart of the Riot Client and the game will usually resolve the issue!
If this doesn’t work, make sure to force close all Riot processes in the Task Manager.
Not only will this guarantee you’ve completely restarted the game but it’ll also re-start every launch for you.
The steps can be summarized as follows:
- Exit out of VALORANT.
- Close any windows relating to the Riot client.
- Navigate to the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
- Open for More Details
- Check if the Riot client or VALORANT is still running.
- If so, click End Task without closing Vanguard.
- Restart the Riot client and then log in to the game.
Double-Check Your Network Connection
Error Code VAN -104 can easily be triggered by an unstable internet connection. Having stable access to the internet is essential to the smooth operation of the application.
If you want to check everything is set up to guarantee a good internet connection, you should consider carrying out the following steps:
- Turning a VPN off if you have one
- Restarting your router
- Ensuring you have a stable wireless connection (good quality and range)
- Using a different network to open the game
Change VGC Startup
This service is the core of Riot Vanguard.
If the VGC doesn’t have a proper start, you may be hit with an Error Code VAN -104.
- Hold Windows Key + R to navigate to Windows Run program.
- Type ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- Find the VGC service (enter V if you cannot find it)
- Right-click it and then Properties
- Under General, change the Startup Type to “Automatic”
- Press Start and then select OK when prompted
Uninstall And Reinstall Relevant Programs
If the problem persists, it may be time to uninstall VALORANT and Riot Vanguard and then reinstall them both.
If you want to do this, you must make sure that you follow the steps below.
- Close everything related to Riot. Here, you can navigate to the Process tab in the Task Manager.
- In the search bar, type CMD and then right-click to Run As Administrator in the Command Prompt panel.
- Type in the following commands: ‘sc delete vgc.’ Click Enter once you have typed it and then type in ‘sc delete vgk.’ Press Enter again.
- If you want these changes to occur, you will need to fully restart your computer.
Your next task is to find the Riot Vanguard folder on your computer and remove it. All you need to do is search for it in your laptop’s search bar.
Then, open the Riot Client and Vanguard will automatically be installed.
Unstable internet connections can be detrimental to your gameplay strategy.
Hopefully, you will feel much better equipped to deal with a VALORANT Error Code VAN -104 message the next time that it crops up.
- Stardew Valley: Repairing Willy’s Boat And Finding Ginger Island - November 15, 2022
- 10 Best Companions To Choose In Pathfinder Way Of The Righteous - November 14, 2022
- Should You Be Using The Shader Cache? (Expert Tips) - November 14, 2022