When playing video games, you are bound to come across all types of acronyms and terms.
The more experienced you become with video games, the more knowledgeable you will be with such terms.
But, if you’re new to the world of gaming, some of these acronyms and phrases may be pretty alien to you.
One term that you may have seen circulating in the gaming community is “TSM.”
Commonly seen in MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) games, such as League of Legends, “TSM” is an important part of the whole gaming experience.
But, the question remains – what does TSM stand for?
Well, in today’s article, we are going to discuss the meaning behind TSM and what this means exactly.
We will also take a close look at its meaning in the game League of Legends.
Rather than being a term used in certain games to help you complete levels and campaigns, “TSM” is actually a professional gaming organization. TSM stands for “Team SoloMid FXT.”
Established in September 2009, Team SoloMid FXT consists of teams that play in some of the world’s most popular games, such as Apex Legends, PUBG, and, of course, Fortnite.
Over the years, TSM has won countless awards and games, becoming one of the world’s leading gaming organizations.
Originating in the United States, TSM was founded by Andy “Reginald” Dinh, an entrepreneur and a former League of Legends player.
Although TSM is best known for League of Legends team in various League Championship Series (LCS), the organization currency has players partaking in the following games:
- Apex Legends
- Dota 2
- Super Smash Bros.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- PUBG Mobile
- Magic: the Gathering Arena
- Battlegrounds Mobile India
Not only that, but TSM also fields players on major Chess championships worldwide!
At one time, TSM had a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team in Denmark. After some time, this team became better known as Astralis.
TSM also owned the Overwatch team (a small multiplayer first-person shooter game) for a small period.
To say TSM has been successful in League of Legends is an understatement of enormous proportions.
Out of a total of sixteen splits in North America’s League of Legends, TSM’s team have won a grand total of seven times (Spring 2013, Summer 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, Summer 2020).
In 2019, Forbes named TSM the world’s most valuable esports organization.
And, we’re talking big bucks here! According to founder Andy Dinh, the estimated valuation of TSM is over half a billion dollars.
With a reputation for being highly impressive and significantly innovative, it is no surprise that TSM is also regarded as one of the best businesses in the gaming industry and that it has become so successful.
TSM Player’s Earnings
TSM FTX, a rebranding of TSM, signed a $210 million partnership deal with exchange, increasing the company’s value to $540 million.
This has resulted in TSM becoming the most valuable esports company in the world as of today,
The next three most valuable esports organizations are:
- 100 Thieves – $460 million valuation (helped by funding of $60 million from Series C in December 2021)
- Team Liquid – $440 million valuation. Owned by aXiomatic gaming, this is not far behold the total worth of 100 Thieves.
- FaZe Clan – $400 million valuation, which is an increase of 31% to their 2020 valuation.
With such extreme profits and valuations, you’re probably wondering how much TSM’s players get. Let’s break it down for you:
- ATOS Team – $120,090 per year
- Pactiv Evergreen TSM – $88,409 per year
- Tyco TSM – $113,956 per year
- InMoment TSM salaries – $64,806 per year
Who ever said you were wasting your time playing video games needs to reevaluate their beliefs after seeing these wages!
Top TSM Players
TSM is home to many players. But, you are probably more familiar with their top gamers.
Below are TSM’s top ten players and the total earned overall in their careers. [As of August 2022].
- Player ID – Hikaru. Real name – Hikaru Nakamura. Team Total- $354,287.74. Overall Total- $596,417.85. Percentage of Total – 99.04%
- Player ID – Achieved. Real name – Matthew Solomon. Team Total- $350,200.00. Overall Total- $353,600.00. Percentage of Total – 59.40%
- Player ID – Beaulo. Real name – Jason Doty. Team Total- $349,200.00. Overall Total- $353,185.00. Percentage of Total – 99.15%
- Player ID – Merc. Real name – Bryan Wrzek. Team Total- $354,287.74 Overall Total- $350,516.67. Percentage of Total – 99.62%
- Player ID – Geoometrics. Real name – Emilio Cuevas. Team Total – $336,650.00. Overall Total – $382,700.00. Percentage of Total – 87.97%
- Player ID – ZexRow. Real name – Anthony Colandro. Team Total- $317,449.73. Overall Total- $510,824.73. Percentage of Total – 62.14%
- Player ID – Chala. Real name – Brady Davenport. Team Total- $276,150.00. Overall Total- $311,100.00. Percentage of Total – 88.77%
- Player ID – Commandment. Real name – Josh Roach. Team Total- $252,866.68. Overall Total- $394,093.99. Percentage of Total – 64.16%
- Player ID – Bjergsen. Real name – Søren Bjerg. Team Total- $245,909.20. Overall Total- $274,972.70. Percentage of Total – 89.43%
- Player ID – Vinny. Real name – Vinny Gilgan. Team Total- $222,288.80. Overall Total- $351,738.80 Percentage of Total – 63.20%
The total money earned for Team SoloMid from 798 tournaments stands at a whopping $9,573,842.70. Not a bad return!
TSM stands for Team SoloMid, which is the world’s most valuable esports organization, with a valuation of $540 million in 2022.
Winning countless awards and seven League of Legends competitions from 2013 to 2020, TSM is not only the most successful esports organization worldwide, but it is one of the best businesses, period.
Find out more about gaming abbreviations and terms by browsing our website now.
Thanks for reading!
- Simple Solutions To Fix A Halo Infinite DirectX 12 Error - December 17, 2022
- Can You Skip Or Fast Forward Story Scenes In The Ghost Of Tsushima? - December 17, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About Back 4 Blood Crossplay - December 17, 2022