Rocket League is a popular game across the globe played by people of all ages, but it is also a game that is played competitively. Pro gamers spend their time dedicated to a game and train to be the best in it.
Eventually, some are even able to make it to the big leagues and make a career out of it. So, how much can a Rocket League pro make?
What Is Rocket League?
Rocket League is an online multiplayer car soccer video game developed and published by Psyonix. It was released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, Linux, macOS, iOS, Google Play, and Android devices in July 2015.
The game features single-player offline split screen matches as well as online multiplayer matches with up to eight players per match.
Players control one or more rocket cars called “Rockets” which they use to score goals against opponents controlled by computer-controlled teammates. The goalkeepers for each team are represented by AI controlled robots.
The game has been downloaded over 100 million times since its release and holds the Guinness World Record for being the most successful sports video game of all time.
Who Plays Rocket League?
There are currently over 1.5 million active players in the world playing Rocket League at any given moment. This includes both casual players who play recreationally as well as professional players who compete for prizes and titles.
Professional players have made careers from their skills in Rocket League. In fact, there are several professional teams in Rocket League including:
- Ghost Gaming
- PSG eSports
- Chiefs eSports Club
- G2 eSports
How Much Money Do Rocket League Pros Make?
Pro Rocket League players are paid salaries for their work. These salaries vary depending on the player’s position within the league.
For example, the top tier pros earn anywhere between $30,000-$50,000 per year while lower level pros may only get around $10,000 per year.
However, these figures do not include bonuses and other incentives like merchandise sales and sponsorships.
While the salary of a pro player varies wildly based on his/her skill level, there are still ways to determine what kind of money you could potentially make if you were to become a pro player yourself.
One example we can use is Kaydrop. Kaydrop is the highest paid Rocket League pro player to date and this is because of his exceptional skills and hard work.
In his first year of playing in 2016, Kaydrop only earned $7,000. Now he is the highest earning Rocket League pro player earning a huge $450,000 in prize money over the years.
Kaydrop is proof that it is very possible to make huge sums of money if hard work and dedication is put into playing professionally.
Where To Stream Rocket League
If you want to watch live streams of Rocket League games, check out the following channels:
- Twitch – Twitch is probably the biggest streaming platform out there right now. They offer free accounts and charge a small fee for premium accounts. While they don’t offer much in terms of customization, they do provide some perks such as exclusive emotes. If you want to stream on Twitch, you will need to create a free account.
- YouTube – YouTube offers free accounts but requires users to upload content themselves. You will also be limited to uploading videos every 30 minutes.
- Mixer – Mixer is similar to YouTube in that it allows users to upload their own content. However, unlike YouTube, Mixer does not require users to pay anything to use the service.
- Youtube Live – Youtube Live is another option for those looking to stream games. Like Twitch, Youtube Live charges a monthly subscription fee.
- Rocket League Wiki – This website contains information about how to play Rocket League as well as tips and tricks for improving your gameplay. The wiki has an extensive collection of guides and tutorials which should help beginners learn the ropes.
Can Anyone Become a Rocket League Pro?
Yes! There are many different paths you can take to becoming a pro Rocket League player. Some people start off by playing casually with friends or even just watching others play.
Eventually, they decide to try out for one of the various Rocket League teams. Once they have been accepted onto a team, they begin training and practicing so that they can reach the next step in their career.
The most important thing when trying to become a professional Rocket League player is to practice consistently. When you are constantly practicing, you will improve your game significantly.
It is also important to stay dedicated to your goals. If you quit after failing once then you will never achieve success.
There are several ways to become a pro Rocket League player including joining a team or creating your own team.
Can You Make A Career Playing Rocket League?
Yes! Many players who were previously casual players have gone on to become professionals. If you love the game and enjoy competing against other players, then you could potentially earn a living from playing Rocket League.
You may find yourself being offered contracts to play at events like DreamHack, ESL, MLG, IEM, and more. These tournaments often offer large amounts of money to the winners and these opportunities can open up new doors for you.
You can also join a Rocket League team. There are currently over 100 teams in the world. Each team consists of between 2-12 members.
Teams usually consist of some combination of players who share common interests such as gaming, music, sports, etc.
As long as you meet the qualifications, you can apply to be considered for a spot on a team. You must first complete a trial period where you compete against other applicants.
In this article, we have learnt how much a Rocket League Pro can make. Professional players can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and this is entirely due to dedication.
Although at the start your sum of money will be low or you might not make anything at all, it is very possible to make a living from this industry.
- Simple Solutions To Fix A Halo Infinite DirectX 12 Error - December 17, 2022
- Can You Skip Or Fast Forward Story Scenes In The Ghost Of Tsushima? - December 17, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About Back 4 Blood Crossplay - December 17, 2022